M. Jnana Settle
M. Jnana Settle
Jnana Settle is the managing attorney of The Settle Law Firm. She lives and works in Murphy, Texas, with her husband and children. Since opening her firm in May 2017, she has focused exclusively on providing legal services in the areas of real estate, business law, and estate planning. Through a partnership with Select Title, LLC, the Settle Law Firm also offers residential and commercial closing and title insurance services.
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas, Juris Doctorate
- University of Hawaii, Oahu, Hawaii, B.A. in Political Science
Presentations and Publications:
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | Landlord-Tenant Law Editor, Quarterly Law Updates | Spring 2015 - Current
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | What Every Lawyer Should “Frankly” Know about Mortgages and the Dodd-Frank Act | Volume 53, No. 3, 2015.
- American Bar Association Section of Litigation | The Woman Advocate | Five Terms to Consider When Negotiating Settlement Agreements | Volume 21, No. 4, 2016.
- Evictions in Texas - The Basics Every Agent Should Know | Presentation to Kanam Realty Group | January 8, 2018
- Affidavits of Heirship, Muniments of Title, and Powers of Attorney | Presentation to ERA iRealty Group | January 24, 2018
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | Let's Give 'Em Something to TODD About - Should We Really Be Signing the Praises of the Texas Transfer on Death Deed? | Volume 56, No. 2, 2018.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- This Side UP! Family (a 501(c)(3) non-profit) – Board of Directors since April 2015
- The REPTL Reporter – Commercial and Residential Landlord-Tenant Law Editor since April 2016
- Local Bar Services Committee of The State Bar of Texas – Committee member since May 2017
- Texas Real Estate Lawyers – Texas bar association, online administrator since 2017
- Texas Lawyers - Texas bar association, member since 2016
Paul Dollahite is an associate attorney at The Settle Law Firm. He has been with The Settle Law Firm since February 2019.